There are difference between hazards, disasters, and catastrophes. For hazards it's a danger that threats people or property, but it's mostly caused by nature. For disasters, it usually affects society. Disasters cause great damage and it's usually for a limited time. Then for catastrophes it affects everyone and property. This situations usually have a great deal of damage and is hard to recover. Most catastrophes are floods, hurricane, tornados, etc. The main difference is one is how long they last and how they were created. I don' have a scientist that I really relate to. But there is one and is pretty famous among youth but is well known is William Sanford Nye. Most people know this guy as Bill Nye the Science Guy. This guy made science fun and interesting so thats one guy that I used to like to watch that was educational. This semester I will be taking about Spain and how these things affect them in their country.
CYCLONES Cyclones have been in Spain. They have gotten up to 70 mph so just as fast as a car on the highway. The winds have gotten up to over 100 mph. Also have gotten about 3 to 4 inches of rain. Cyclones near Spain have taken 300 to 500 thousand live I can't say how much Spain has been put in but thats just a total that they have thats near Spain. Their system is similar to there floods in a way. they only differences is to stay inside or inside and underground if possible. Then its the same as to have flashlight a radio and other essentials that you may need during the times. Cyclones don't happen often but when it does happen it does leave a big mess that they have to clean up. Sources: https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Rain-Spain-Falls-Mainly-Froma-Hurricane https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2019-05-01-deadliest-tropical-cyclone-bhola-cyclone-bay-of-bengal-bangladesh https://watchers.news/2019/09/12/spain-flood-tornado-september-12-2019/
Great blog post! Looking forward to learning more about this (my) country's natural hazards with you.
ReplyDelete